Friday, July 31, 2009

Fire Woman - I'm to Blame

We biked back to Goodwill on Overlea this morning, just for the heck of it. I didn't realize they were having yet another 50% off sale. This time, my booty was not as bountiful as the last.

Can someone please set me straight on the glassware above? It is not Pyrex. On the bottom, it has an "F" in a shield and says "Heat Proof U.S. A." I thought it was Fire King, but according to my not-so-thorough research, it's either Federal Glass Company, or some sort of generic impostor. I still love it and I can now make small chi-chi casseroles. If you know what this is, please enlighten me. With the discount, it was $1.50 (no lid).
This tiny Vino dish is not vintage, but it will complement my little cheese/olive dish that is (see pictures below). I like the word "vino." In the English language, calling wine "vino" is only slightly more complementary than calling whiskey hooch.

Here's my cute, little olive dish. I bought it at the Goodwill in St. Catharines for $1.00.
Made in Japan.
Here they are together. Where's the party?

Here's The Cult performing "Fire Woman" back in 1989. Yeah-yaw! Shake what yo mama gave ya.

2 comments:

  1. The casserole with the F underneath is definitely a Federal Glass.Here's a cool link that might help you in the future.

    http://antiques.about.com/od/glasswareofallkinds/ig/Glassware-Marks---Signatures/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vonlipi,
    I had a feeling you would know.
    I'll check out the link tonight.
    Cheers,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.