Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Listen to Grunge Queen

Thank you Kelly - aka Grunge Queen - for the solid advice about letting shabby chic stay shabby for the sake of laziness. I'll paint the other deck chair white when I get my butt in gear. There was once a zine in the U.S. called Creative Loafing. That pretty much sums up my philosophy of living. Do check out Grunge Queen's blog (linked at the side) for her pretty Canadian table settings.
We just got back from Owen Sound, where we had the ultimate Canadian Canada Day - complete with the Bruce Trail, waterfalls, and a visit to the Tom Thomson Art Gallery and a visit to his grave in Leith. I'm still trying to comprehend all the beauty I took in over that last two days. I will begin posting photos on my Landscape and Memory Toronto blog as soon as possible. Get yourself up to Owen Sound this summer. Next time I go, I hope to thrift and flea.
Cheerio! Erin
Offerings left on Thomson's grave.

(Below) Bronze bust of Thomson. He was an outdoorsman who liked to fish and paint: rugged and sensitive all at once.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Erin, you can always count on me to advocate for the least crafty, handy or otherwise work-oriented project! My philosophy is very "as is," alas, due to a supreme laziness! Thanks for mention! Kelly/Grunge Queen

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.