Monday, October 12, 2009

Song of the Week #15 Santogold's "L.E.S. Artistes"

"Don't tell me Tofurkey doesn't taste as good as I do!" Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians. If you're like me, you're ready to hit the stretchy pants.

Nothing says "fun for the kids" like a demented pumpkin head lady wielding a rifle.


Please be mindful that the clock is ticking on TYSS's Thriftacular Contest. See the post below for all the details. You're just a posted comment away from the chance of having a joyful hamper of old timey trinkets delivered to your door by a handsome man in silk pajamas and a smoking jacket. Alright, I threw the last bit in for a cheap laugh.

Santogold are a new band out of the U.K. I bought the self-titled CD last year and enjoyed it. The songs are catchy in a modern New Wavey way. I chose "L.E.S. Artistes" as my song of the week because of the slow lead up to the killer chorus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.