Sunday, November 1, 2009

Song of the Week #18 Art of Noise "Peter Gunn"

I love this song and video. When it came out in the mid-eighties, I was in my early teens and I totally wanted to be the woman in the video. She had the look of old Hollywood glamour, but her tattoo made her look night-clubby and dangerous. I also love that the master of gee-tar twang, Duane Eddy plays on the track, and that the video features Rik Mayall from The Young Ones - one of my all-time favourite British comedy shows. There's a long preamble before the song kicks in, but wait for it...
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.