Thursday, January 13, 2011

Treasures From Thrifted Treasure

I was thrilled today when I came home today only to discover a parcel from Australia in my mailbox. I knew it was from Thrifted Treasure's Alice. A while back, she had a pay-it-forward contest and I was a lucky winner. I shamefully tried to do a pay-it-forward too, but my intentions to pass on the goodness became snowed under by my working life. I do believe I still need to pay it forward to Mom Wald and someone else. In other words Alice, don't feel bad about the time that has passed. You're a very busy mom. And to be honest, your blog itself is a gift that I'm always happy to pay forward as a link to people I know would love your style.
Here's the pretty package. But wait to see what was inside...
A beautiful letter and three beautiful prints made by Alice herself. I'm very touched by this. They will be framed and will hang in a place where my family will enjoy looking at them each day.
Here is Kookaburra. This connects to my Australian father and family "down under."
Here's an amazingly abstract Bird of Paradise.
And an owl called "Hoot Owl."
Thank you again, Alice. These prints will be cherished for years to come.
Erin:)

5 comments:

  1. Erin, those are some awesome prints! Love them and know you will treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay, I'm glad you like them! I was terrified making things for other people! I think they must have arrived within a few days of the deadline, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the prints - are they linoleum cuttings?
    I took a class in high school doing that and LOVED it
    Very nice

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been waiting for you to post some thrifting fineds! I thought I saw you at Value Village the other day..

    A woman basically threw me into the jackets to get to the Pyrex. I was going to ask her if she was you, since she was back there when I steadied myself, but then I saw her ferociously peeling back tags & I thought I had remembered reading that this was one of your pet peeves.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.