Sunday, March 25, 2012

Funny

I'm still hunting for thriftacular vintage goodies, to no avail. The Value Village near my school usually has a few bits and pieces, but yesterday all I saw were three dishwasher worn red refrigerator dishes minus lids. They were priced at $1.49 each. It was enough to make a Pyrex lover cry. Spring is here and now that Duncan's a heartier bike rider, I hope to get out to some good sales this year.

Here's something funny I found on the Yahoo page.
I quote from Yahoo
"(Maria) Dmitrienko won the 75 target event at the 10th Arab Shooting Championship in Kuwait on Thursday. She stood on the podium with the event's other medal winners and expected to hear "My Kazakhstan." Instead, she was greeted with Sacha Baron Cohen's mock anthem from his 2006 film."

3 comments:

  1. You've got to take road trips for good stuff and get out of the T-dot. Burlington, Hamilton, Waterdown, Brantford and London all have good Value Villages then there are Good Wills and Bibles for Missions also. I live in Hamilton and work in Brampton and find the areas close to Toronto are very picked over or have newer cheaply made items. Grimsby has a Benevolant Fund that rocks ad is a fav of mine. I often find other reasons for the road trips and add the thrift shops to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, you are SO right. My folks live in St. Catharines and I usually do better there. I love the Hammer and shhhh, hope to move there in the future. I'm going to have to beat you to the punch.

    Thanks for all the good tips.
    Cheers,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great posting I have read. I like your article.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.